The Six Reasons Societies Fail
1. There is environmental damage such as deforestation, soil erosion, or a failure to rotate crops.
2. There are climate changes.
3. There are hostile neighbors.
4. If there is a reliance on trade partners and something happens to the trade partners, the society will suffer.
5. Societies can overexploit their natural resources such as gasoline, oil, or other fossil fuels.
6. There is often a huge event such as a tsunami, volcano, or epidemic that can change the culture and the area around the city.