DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TORNADO WATCH AND A TORNADO WARNING:
- A Tornado Watch
means that there’s
a chance a tornado may happen. Be alert and stay
informed from the radio or television. Be prepared to take cover!
- A Tornado Warning means that a tornado
has actually been happening and can be seen. Take cover immediately!
- Members in the family can explain to each
other the differences between a tornado watch and a tornado warning.
- Make a shelter in the home and have
everybody in the family practice to do step by step what they should
do when a real tornado occur.
- You should also develop an emergency
communication plan. In case everybody in the family is separated
from each other during a tornado,
you should know how to get back together.
- Stay informed! Listen to the radio
or from the television for more information.
- It is important to always keep contact
to each other to make sure everyone is safe.
- It is also good to have disaster supplies
with you, such as: flashlight, radio, first-aid kit, emergency food
and water (can opener
in case you have canned food), medicines, cash and credit cards, and some extra