· As recent as 1949, manila was accepted as money in some parts of Africa. Manila is a type of metal object worn as jewelry in west Africa.
· In Fiji whales teeth were accepted as money until the 1960s.
· In ancient Greek times, precious metals were used as money.
· Cowry shells were used in countries surrounding the Indian Ocean for hundreds of years.
· Ancient Chinese used spades, hoes and knives for types of trade
· In the medieval times gold was used in Europe and many other places it was also used for a long time afterward