Back to homepage
Do you want to learn to make a 3-D snowflake? Follow these steps to a winter wonderland.
(The pictures may take a little while to load.)
1. Get together all of your materials. These materials are scissors, tape, a stapler, and eight pieces of paper.
2. Cut the 8 pieces of paper into squares.
3. Fold one piece of paper diagonally so the paper looks like a triangle.
4. Fold the triangle in half so there is a smaller triangle.
5. Holding the fold at the bottom make a diagonal cut to almost the end of the triangle.
6. Still holding the fold at the bottom, make a second diagonal cut next to the first cut almost all the way to the end of the triangle.
7. Keep holding the fold at the bottom. Now make a third diagonal cut next to the second cut and cut almost all of the way to the end.
8. When you have finished cutting, open up the triangle so that it looks like a square.
9. Now, take the middle section of the square overlap the two sections and tape them together.
10. Flip the paper over.
11. Overlap the second section and tape them together.
12.Turn the paper over again.
13. Take the third section, overlap it and tape it.
14. Turn the paper over once again.
15. Take the last section, overlap it and tape it together.
16. Now, you have made one section of the snowflake. Repeat steps 3-15 until you have eight sections of the snowflake.
17. Take four sections of the snowflake and staple the bottom of them together.
18.Now do this for the other four sections of the snowflake.
19.Now you have two sections of a snowflake instead of eight.
20. Tape the end of two sections of the snowflake together where it forms an x. Do this again until you have taped all of the sections together.
21. Do this with the other section of the snowflake too.
22. Now, Staple the two sections together.
23. When they are stapled together tape the only two sections on the x that are not taped.
Now you are done. You can even try making a 3-D snowflake with colored paper!
You can hang up the snowflakes around your house to create a winter wonderland!
Back to homepage