* A snowflake is a single crystal of ice with usually six sides.
* Wilson A. Bentley studied snow crystal photomicrography he took about 5,000 pictures of snowflakes
* More than 2,ooo were published in a book, "Snow Crystals.
* The first snow plow was pulled by horses through the streets of Milwaukee in 1862.
*Each year an average of 105 snow storms occur in the United States.
*The greatest snowfall was one-inch in Arizona. It happened twice on January 20th,1993 and again four years later on the same exact date.
*Buffalo once spent $5 billion dollars on snow removal after they had a 39-inch snowfall in December, 1995.
* Based in National Weather Service records for 1961-1990 Rochester, New York averages 94 inches of snow annually.
Back to homepage