to Main Page**
1. A Volcanologist is a scientist who studies:
b. Moon Dust
c. The insides of Volcanoes
d. Meteor Craters
2. How are volcanic gases measured?
a. Seismograph b.
3. What is Plate Tectonics?
a. The slow movement of the earths crust
b. Volcanic Activity
c. Formation of lava
d. The study of Tects
4. How many times has Mount Vesuvius erupted since 79 AD?
a. 400 times b. 2
times c. More than 50
times d. As
many times as it wants
5. Who was Pliny the Younger?
a. A Plumber
b. A Roman Historian
Greek Aristocrat d. A
6. What type of lava was emitted from Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD
that destroyed the City of Pompeii and Herculaneum?
b. A Pyroclastic Flow
d. Flaming Chilli Peppers
7. Who discovered Herculaneum in the 18th Century?
a. The Bourbons b. The Zulu's
c. The Americans
8. How much money are Naples residents being paid to move away
from Mount Vesuvius?
a. 1 million Euros b.
300,000.00 Francs c. 30,000 Euros
d. A new Ferrari
9. How far does the massive magma layer under Mount
a. 1 Square Kilometer b. 3000 Feet
c. 600 Miles d. 400 Square
10. Who founded the City of Naples?
a. The Romans b. The Barbarians
c. The Greeks
d. The Etruscians
11. Archeology is the study of:
a. Bones b. Our Human Past
c. Digging up Dirt d.
12. How did the people of Pompeii use water?
a. They used Lead Pipes to bring it to their homes
b. The Aqueduct c. The walked to the
well d. Collected Rain
13. What happened to the People of Pompeii and
a. They became plaster mummies b. Threw themselves
into the volcano c. Immigrated to Greece
d. Came to Ellis Island
14. What was the Roman Forum?
a. The local Church b. The local picnic area
c. A place to take a bath
d. The center of public life
15. Who built the Vesuvius Observatory?
a. Moussolini b.
Ferdinand II of Bourbon c. Napoleon
d. Henry the Eighth