Historian Research Worksheet
artists rendering of the 1906 eruption from the Bay of Naples.
(Write your answers on a
separate sheet of paper. Use MS Word or other
word processing program to write an indepth research paper.)
1. Explain the history of Mount Vesuvius and its impact on the
2. Describe the eruption of 79 AD and what happened to the Cities
of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
3. What was the City of Pompeii like in 79 AD?
4. Explain the most recent eruptions of Mount Vesuvius.
5. Describe how early man thought about volcanic activity.
6. How is Mount Vesuvius the most dangerous volcano in the world?
7. Why are Naples residents being paid to move away and when do
scientists think that Vesuvius will blow?
8. Summarize your findings about the City of Naples and its