A yummy treat or two, for a guide dog as special as me and you!
This dog bone recipe was brought to you by:
*The Guideway, a publication for the Smithtown guide dog foundation*
3/4 cup hot water
2 beef or chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 cup powdered milk
1/3 cup margarine
3 cups whole wheat flour
1 egg (beaten)
1. Combine butter, bouillon and water in sauce pan over medium heat until butter is melted and bouillon dissolves.
2. Add this to powdered milk and egg in large bowl.
3. Add flour, 1/2 at a time mixing well after each.
4. Knead 3-4 minutes
5. Pat or roll to 1/2 thickness and cut out with dog bone shaped cookie cutter
6. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 325º for 50 minutes or until hard and light brown
7. Makes 1 1/4 pounds
Click the Dog To Return to Our Homepage