Television can Change your Child’s Behavior
- Children become“ immune” to horror and violence, and accept violence as a way to solve problems.
- Causes children to become aggressive toward others.
- Brings out fear or the lack of fear.
- Children sometimes display suspicious behaviors.
Children often act out the violent scenes they view on television.
- A teenage boy was killed and two others were seriously injured because they were lying down the center highway!!! The boys tried a stunt that was on a Touchstone movie called The Program. Touchstone was asked to remove the scene that caused the teenagers to imitate, but the behavior left several other violent scenes.
- A 5-year-old Ohio boy set his house on fire, which
in turn caused the death of his younger sister! The boy imitated this behavior
from a popular show, Beavis and Butthead.