Cyclops Mask paper mache by Tom E.
"Our English class designed websites to support and enhance our exploration of The Odyssey. Our readings, discussions and research were intensified with the process of website building. Our goal was to share what we have learned by making available questions to ponder, synopsis, crossword puzzles to stimulate learning new words, and rap battles/videos to help understand and delve further into the ancient Greek epic. Our final goal was to have fun learning through building games that would help and engage the reader while reading The Odyssey. Enjoy!!" Punahou School,English 1 students.
l. Synopsis, a short summary of each book in The Odyssey and questions to think about as you read the book. Greek music accompanies the website as well as historic images of ancient Greek art (Jamie and Channel).
2. Side Stories, an overview of books that relate to The Odyssey including; ,The Iliad (Homer's epic story that preceeds The Odyssey), Orestia (Story of Orestes, Agamemnon's son and how he was acquitted for murdering his mother, House of Atreus (Explanation of the curse on the house of Atreus). A picture museum shows great artwork related to the book.
An Interview with Athena,imovie: is an imaginative look at what Athena would be like if she was interviewed today. Much is revealed about her personality and attitudes about life and people (fun).By TM
3. Jeopardy, an interactive fun game that features questions from the entire book. Catagories include; quotes, people, gods and goddesses, places, etc. (by Raquel and Amanda).
4. Stock Epithet game, defines what a stock epithet is and asks you to fill out a questionaire to determine a funny, stock epithet for you.If you don't like the one chosen for you, continue to press the key and it will automatically choose a new one for you.
5. Rappers, is a collaborated work by 3 students that looks at conversations and confrontations between; Poseiden and Athena, Odysseus and Penelope and Telemachus and the Suitors in rap. I movies of these conversations have been taped. Scripts of the conversations are posted(Joey, Adam,Bennett )
6.Student websters, a picture gallery of the students who used their creative energies and time to share their learnings with other freshman students by building these sites.
7. The Cosmos, the complete website for English 1, includes websites for all major class readings, the latest news, teacher of the week, technology projects, flying UFO's and more.