We hope that you have gained knowledge from your experience on this site; however, there are many other resources and tools at your disposal to utilize in order to gain a better understanding of string theory and actually explore the field extensively. Below we have tried to provide the means for your own exploration and problem-solving with string theory.
Entire books have been written on string theory, many of which have become bestsellers. Here is a list of current books that deal with this subject.
- The Elegant Universe:Superstrings, Hidden Dimensions, and the Quest for the Ultimate Theory by Brian Greene
- The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality by Brian Greene
- A First Course in String Theory by Barton Zwiebach
- Our Superstring Universe: Strings, Branes, Extra Dimensions and Superstring-M Theory by Jr. L.E. Lewis
- Hyperspace: A Scientific Odyssey Through Parallel Universes, Time Warps, and the Tenth Dimension by Michio Kaku
- The Great Beyond: Higher Dimensions, Parallel Universes and the Extraordinary Search for a Theory of Everything by Paul Halpern
Videos and DVDs
You can not only read about string theory, but you can certainly experience the wondrous structures and concepts associated with string theory visually. Here are a few of the movies that cover string theory and the general understanding of our universe.
Recommended Web Sites
The Internet allows everyone to explore nearly any subject due to the World Wide Webís ability to connect people and information across borders and cultures. We hope you take advantage of the Internetís capability and visit these sites that have been created by many people from all over the world. Here you will find links to general sites about string theory and physics, as well as advanced theoretical and mathematical topics related to string theory. For specific links to certain topics covered within the website, please consult the respective pages themselves.
- The Official StringTheory Web Site
- NOVA's "TheElegant Universe"
- Wikipedia: Entry on "string theory"
- What is String Theory
- The Time 100: "Einstein's Unfinished Symphony"
- American Scientist: "Is String Theory Even Wrong?"
- Astronomy Today: "Theories Section - String Theory "
- Physlink.com : Question Answered
- Popular Science: "Journey to the 10th Dimension"
- The Particle Adventure
- The Theory Formerly Known as Strings
- Banff International Research Station: "Recent Developments in String Theory"
- Introduction to String Theory
- MIT OpenCourseWare: "String Theory for Undergraduates, Spring 2003"
- Prospects in Theoretical Physics: "String Theory"
- Duke University Multimedia Classroom Video Archives: String Theory Lectures
- The Universityof North Carolina at Chapel Hill: Department of Physics and Astrony: String Theory Seminar