The major parts of the spacecraft included the following;
- Low Gain Antenna - it is used for communication while the spacecraft generally pointed towards the Earth.
- Sun Shields - it is used to protect the spacecraft from direct solar radiation while it moves into deep space.
- Star Scanner - as the name suggests, it scans for or observes stars as the spacecraft spins.
- Thrusters- these control changes attitude, spin and velocity of the spacecraft
- Probe Relay Antenna- it transmits and receives data from the probe, when it descents on the surface of Jupiter.
- Radioisotope Thermoelectric Generators - they produce approximately 500 Watts of electricity for the spacecraft.
- Retropropulsion Module - this part of the spacecraft carries many scientific instruments.