Q) How should I navigate this site?
Guided tour - Click on the "Next" and "Back" buttons on every page and you will be guided in a systematic way to make understanding interesting, simpler and complete. At various places on the site hyperlinks will be provided to explore further deep into the topic.
Q) I am new to the world of science and would like to learn the basics first.
- In order to make the content understandable to students who are new to the subject, we have provided two basic sections on the universe and certain laws of physics.
Our Universe - This section will teach you in brief about the various aspects of our universe with the help of media which you need to know in order to understand various concepts in the website. This section is not included in the main site tour, but we have a seperate tour for your convenience once you enter this section.
Physics World - This section is dedicated in teaching the various Laws of Physics using interactive media which are the building blocks for any science student. This section is not included in the main site tour, but we have a seperate tour for your convenience once you enter this section.
Q) Which are the browsers supported by this website?
- "Space Travel Guide" is designed and tested to work on most of the browsers available. We still recommend the use of latest version of Mozilla Firebird/Firefox or Internet Explorer.
Q) Why don't movies work on my browser?
- The site makes exhaustive use of flash plugins. You should have a flash player installed for your browser. You can download it from: www.macromedia.com
Q) The site loads very slowly.
- As the site makes exhaustive use of media we recommend the use of high broadband connection, otherwise use the "Text only" version of the site.
Q) What is the Syllabus of this website?
- You can find a copy of our syllabus here.
Q) What if i get lost on the site?
- In case you get lost during the site tour, you can always click on the "Site tree" in order to know where exactly you are and how you should advance further.
Q) Can I use the contents of this website?
- All the contents, pictures and media on this website are the original work of Team TQ.... unless otherwise mentioned here. You can use our material for non-profitable educational purposes. In case of permissions please mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q) Why does the Hindi font not appear properly?
- This problem will be encountered by IE users. For users using any other browser like Netscape, Mozilla, etc. you will need to download the font DV_Divya and install it.
Q) What are the buttons "Topic Summary" and "Related Links"?
- These options are available on all the pages of the website. We recommend users to use these options only after they have read the contents on the page.
Topic Summary - We have summarised the contents of a page/topic in an attractive manner for revising the topics after reading through them.
Related Links - This section provides more links to various sources on the world wide web on each topic for exhaustive knowledge on any subject.
Q) What if i don't understand the meaning of any word?
For most of the difficult words we have provided a glossary. Glossary words are greenish in colour and have smaller text size. Once you click on them a new browser window opens which will explain the meaning of the word, both absolute and relative. In order to see a complete list of glossary words click here.
Q) What if I have a few doubts related to the content?
For any enquiries/clarifications please do not hesitate to contact us. We will provide help and support to you at the earliest.
Q) What are those buttons on the pictures?
- For browsers with flash compatibility, click on the button to play the movie for better understanding.
Q) How should I jump to the text only version or the Hindi version?
- Go to the "Other" button in the navigation bar and choose "Text Only Version" or the "Hindi Version"
Q) What is the purpose of the text only version?
- For those people who do not have high bandwidth connections, or those who do not wish to see our media can see the entire site in text only version