1. The only type of child labor I find acceptable is the type where it is safe, there is not abuse, and it is for a good purpose.
2. Children should not be beaten if they are slow, it stunts their growth and it is not fair at all. If they have good working conditions and are not treated badly then it (child labor) would be OK.
3. Child labor is fine as long as the child hasnít developed physical problems, still gets a reasonable education, has a clean work environment, and the employer is not abusive.
4. If a child isnít forced to do the work, has free time, isnít abused, and can still go to school, then child labor is okay. Otherwise, I donít think its right, even if its only missing one of the criteria.
5. If the child enjoys the job, has safe working conditions, and some free time, then it (child labor) is okay, but unfair or forced child labor isnít.
6. Children shouldnít work regularly (until) theyíre 16.
7. Child labor is totally unacceptable when he/she is beaten, has bad working conditions, and is not paid well.
8. I think it is okay as long as: it doesnít interfere with education, the child is not beaten, and they (the children) get fair pay.
9. Child labor is OK if the health or life of the child is not in danger. Also, not getting an education is not OK.
10. I think that some child labor is okay if they really like the job and donít get beaten or intentionally hurt doing it.
11. Child labor is not a major problem in the U.S.A. although in some 3rd world countries it is a serious issue.
12. It is very wrong to eliminate a human childís life by making them do labor/work to earn money.
13. Child labor is hardly an issue in the world toady.
14. I think that children should not be tortured or ripped off by an adult employer.
15. Itís okay for a child to work only if theyíre old enough (probably at least ten), their employer is fair, they get paid, and (they) donít work somewhere that could damage their health.
16. I think all child labor is wrong.
17. A child should not work until he or she is finished with his or her studies, (because) theyíre only kids and they will have their whole life to work.
18. Child labor is a very difficult topic to address from either angle.
19. I think that it is okay if you are treated well and get a fair amount of money.
20. I think that it (child labor) is terrible and it shouldnít be going on in the world anymore.
21. I think that child labor is good sometimes but if they are getting mistreated then they shouldnít have it.
22. In the world today, children arenít forced to work as much as 40 or 50 years ago. Child labor is now mainly the childís decision.
23. My requirements for child labor:
The child is not forced to
He/she is doing it to support their family
His/her health is not affected or hurt
He/she is given clean food, water, clothes, education, cash and a nice place to live
The parents agree
The employer agrees
24. I really donít like child labor.
25. A long as they (child laborers) get paid for doing a little itís okay.
26. I think that little kids should not have to work.
27. I donít know very much about child labor, but I think it is wrong.
1. It is not possible to avoid a problem like child labor in the third world countries because here they work to survive. If they stop working then not only (the child), but also his family will be affected. So in a country like Bangladesh it is not possible to stop child labor as long as a child needs to work to survive.
2. Child labor in countries like Bangladesh, etc., cannot be stopped. This is due to the lack of financial aid, the childís parents donít even have the capabilities to buy food and clothing, or give primary education to their child. There will be child labor, otherwise, how are they going to survive?
3. Nowadays, child labor has increased to a great extent in our country (Bangladesh). It should be stopped.
4. Child labor is not good. Child labor is not good but still child laborersí fathers and mothers put them in these unacceptable situations. Some of them are home servants who are regularly beaten by their masters every day. Some undeveloped countries let them.
1. Though I do not like child labor, it is a must in 3rd world countries. The parents cannot afford food and clothing for their children. We should help them and should be kind and treat them well.
2. In Bangladesh a huge number of the population are under the poverty line. The children of these people cannot be fed or clothed by their parents properly. Also, the system of formal education in Bangladesh is very expensive.