|Mission Name: Gemini 3||Rocket: Titan-11 (Molly Brown)|
|Launch Date: March 23, 1965||Landing Date: March 23, 1965|
|Duration: 4 H, 52 M, 31 S||Altitude: 175km|
|Number of Orbits: 3||Total Distance: 128,748km|
| Crew : Gus Grissom(commander)
Backup Crew- Walter M. Schirra Jr.
Thomas P. Stafford
CapCom- L. Gordon Cooper(cape)
Roger B. Chaffee(houston)
| Primary Objectives: 1. Demonstrate manned orbital flight. |
2. Evaluate the two man design.
3. Demonstrate and evaluate the tracking network.
4. Demonstrate the orbital attitude and maneuvering systems.
5. Demonstrate controlled reentry and landing.
6. Evaluate major spacecraft subsystems.
7. Demonstrate systems checkout, prelaunch and launch procedures.
8. Demonstrate and evaluate recovery procedures and systems.