Macquarie Island there was a study on 376 cats that
revealed that the feral cat population kills approximately 58
000 sea birds per year.
- There are approximately 12 000 000 feral cats in
- It has been discovered that the feral cat population eats
more than 186 species of native birds, 87 species of reptiles,
64 species of mammals, and 10 species of frogs.
- It is estimated that 3.8 million Australian native animals
are killed annually by cats.
- A feral cat can kill an animal up to 2 kilograms in
weight. Such animals include Bilbies, Bettongs, Lizards, Birds
- The energy used by an adult male feral cat requires for it
to eat 5%-8% of itís body mass per day. A female raising
kittens requires 20% of her body mass, in food, to survive.