|School Remembrances and Our Heroes|
1. Where do you think you were when you heard about it?
I was at home.
Katie Elkus (5th Grade student)
At Covington BP gas station, in car listening to radio.
Officer Slaughter (school Officer)
2. Do you think this made our country stronger?
It did, but wasn’t long lasting, people started forgetting.
Mrs.Boehm (4th&5th grade science teacher)
Mrs. Jones (4th& 5th grade Social Studies teacher)
3. How did you react when you heard about it?
Very angry, not ordinary.
Dylan Hurst (5th grade student)
Eli Johnson (5th grade student)
4. Who told you?
Mrs. Jones found out from Mrs. Kolioustas
5. How old were you when you heard about 9-11?
8 years old Cora Martin
Mrs. Jones was 33
6. What did you do to help the U.S.A. and Iraq?
Mailed goods to services men
Mrs. Jones and her class sent letters.
Eli Johnson created pictures and letters.
7. Did your parents do anything to calm you down if you were scared?
Definitely, Katie Elkus
Mrs. Jones tried to explain to her class and prayed.
8. Do you do anything to support 9-11?
Hope and pray
9. Were you watching the news?
Mrs. Jones watch the news with another teacher
10. Are you or did you give the soldiers anything?
All wrote Letters
Ryland collected fun toys and snacks along with letters to send.
11. Did you really understand at first?
We didn’t understand on September 11 and nothing has changed.
12. Do you know anyone that started a program to help?
Cora Martin and Katie Elkus
(Mix 94.1) Local radio station and a Military wife/ Community.
Mrs. Lemming collected items to send to the troops.